Friday, September 11, 2009

I'll Beat Them At Their Own Game!

Greetings from Smug Mountain! I feel like a very educated consumer. I have been on edmunds.com and US News & World Report meticulously scrutinizing each and every flaw of my beloved Honda Fit.

US News and World Report also has a partnership with some company called TrueCar something Price-? and it shows in one's zip code, what other people have paid for their cars, what the dealer paid, what the manufacturer's invoice was, etc., Haha! Power to the people!

I have also weighed the pros and cons of leasing vs. buying and for now, in my current situation I think a lease is a better idea for me. I'm a hardcore renter and for now I think that I am also a car lease-r. I am hopeful about these new "electric" cars and would like to keep my options open in the future- no dependence on petrodictatorships! Tyranny no more! I hope. . . Here comes the sun doo-doo-doo and I say it's gonna power my car! Well, maybe. . .

Now to decide if I should get an in-dash nav system, which makes me think that the potential that it will be stolen a lot rises dramatically, as one can't just pop it like one can with some car stereos, or just upgrade my cell phone plan to get turn-by-turn directions. . .

1 comment:

Bill said...

...parental advice notwithstanding. ;)