Sunday, August 15, 2010

Been a Long Time Since We Rock and Rolled

So I realized that it's been more than 6 months since I last posted. Oops. My goal was to repost at least within 6 months, but that old quote about "the best laid plans" springs to mind.

Nevertheless, I have been hard at work, dear reader. The gears in the ol brain machine have been grinding away and I have been learning some very interesting concepts that I can't wait to share with you. But I'm going to have to space them out so that it doesn't look like I went on an OCD jag.

Also, the motivation to differentiate myself, to find a job in a year weighs heavily on my mind. My personal motto is that worry doesn't solve anything, action does. However, as I enter into my second year (!) of grad school I realize that there is a definite, immovable, defined deadline that looms overhead. But having a blog that I haven't posted to in a year isn't exactly a selling point.

And currently the economy is still pretty sucky. Here's a super big spot o'sunshine from a member of the dismal science, economics-


But physics maintain that what goes down must come up. Hope springs eternal. Read on!

No comments: