Friday, August 28, 2009

This Better Not Be Fatal

So, I have officially completed my first week of grad school without harm or loss of limb- wooh!

I realized that I only posted one entry for July, and August is almost over now too. But in my defense, I moved down to LA and settled in, which despite having done this more times than I can remember, I still do everything at the last minutes :P And yes, having a lot of "stuff" doesn't make the process any easier. Luckily, one of my new roommates is a kindred spirit who understands the psychologically soothing effects of familiar baubles.

Anyway, I am now the proud new owner of a brand spanking new Macbook and with a steady connection, I hope to use this forum as a way to present what I have been learning at my very expensive school, partially due to the insistence of my pater familia, but also partially, hopefully for my peers, who can serve as a regulating system- letting me know if I am off-base, was sleeping when the professor made a point that I consequently misinterpreted, etc.,

I am very excited about my classes- summary to follow :)

I have also developed a terminal case of adult-itis- I took it upon myself to clean my shared bathroom, which didn't look like it had seen a sponge since I-don't-want-to-think-about-it. Now it is all sparkle-y clean and the trash isn't higher than the toilet tank- gross, I know. But my landlord is really chill, so it balances out.

I know that you can't go home again, but once you start to notice that things are dirty and actually take steps to clean up, can you go back?! Time will tell! Watch this space!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Wait now... what?

You cleaned? Just because?

:P

P.S. Nice to see you back at the helm of this blog.